Monday, June 26, 2006

Sheldon's L.A



So I went to Sheldon's for week down in L.A, thats why I haven't been posting anything. It was a lot of fun, and I definatly learned a lot. I went down with Renee, Zack, Corey, and Hieu. I must say the rumors are true he is quite different then what he is at school. More one on one time which is what i needed so I feel that I improved a good deal, and have a good direction to go in with figure drawing. I also did some drapery studying (not much) and some animation....whoa I havent done that in a long time. Needless to say it sucked. It was a simple character changing emotion. I plan on working on it over the summer more to improve and shoot it at school. Oh! by the way Im taking 113B and 114 next semester along with a couple GE's (after a long battle with SJSU that I dont want to explain). oh it will be super busy, bring on the non sleep.
Anyway back to L.A....the only thing I wasn't happy about was that we only had a live model once, the rest working from photo's. Which is I guess OK considering that Im still learning, but the live model is better for learning for me at least. Has more relavence. I dont have too many drawings to show for the week, a good chunk but most of the time he was talking, demonstrating, or watching him draw. He's wrting a new book this summer for his advanced class, it basically picks up where the Beginning books leave off, with a few work sheets in it. It's more in depth, anatomy and all that jazz. Even though I cant take the class Im sure Ill buy it. I'll post more artwork tomorrow and maybe some old figure drawings for comparrison. Night!

1 Comments:

Blogger Brett W. Thompson said...

Some of those figures are awesome!! :) You're really good at conveying the mass of the different parts and your shading looks great too- and I love how you catch little subtle things like this tiny curve above the guy's right hip!

12:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home