Sunday, July 02, 2006

Drawing up date!







I haven't posted in a while because I've been working and I have family out this week. So I have been busy, busy, but have managed to do some drawing. I realized that I have some major catching up to do still. (But it's not like anyone checks this thing anyway, HA!)....Basically I have just been having fun with some watercolor, ever since I was a kid Ive been fooling around with it and it is probably my favorite paint to mess around with. I have also been doing some hand and foot studied, not long, just quick gestures of what each of them can do, I thought it was kinda fun. I haven't really sat down and studied each extesively really. I think out of this bunch my favorite is the watercolor figures. I was inspired by this artist I came across who does watercolor figures in a similar fashion. His name is Charles Reid if any of you are interested. His other stuff is ok, but I really enjoy his watercolor figures.
But ya this is it for now I should be putting stuff up later. I'm curious to see what other people who got in the program this year are doing for their sketchbooks. I havent seen many people this summer due to being in Marin. Oh well...I guess I'm just really courious to where I stand up against all of them with this sketchbook and if Im on the right track. I like trying new things, and John really liked my 112a sketchbook for that fact, but at the same time I haven't really found something "that I'm good at"....eh....anyway I hope you like the stuff....

5 Comments:

Blogger Henry Guillermo Sanchez said...

I was curious does Charles Reid have a website?? I like your sketchbook by the way. Good stuff, especially the drawings from the last post. Is Sheldons a figure drawing class? Im looking for a figure drawing course to take.

7:46 AM  
Blogger Arschblog said...

WoW! You are very, very good!
I like it how you draw animals!

8:29 AM  
Blogger antikewl said...

Some great work here. Look forward to seeing more! :)

3:56 AM  
Blogger Danne8a said...

Holy MOLEY!
Your stuff is really great!
I followed your blog through john K's site and I must say I'm Glad I did!
You have a very Unique style and style is sooo hard to come by!
Keep them coming!

1:37 AM  
Blogger The Butcher said...

Hands are tricky, but you do them pretty damn well. I like your chickies too.

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home