Monday, July 17, 2006

Slow Drawin'







So I'm not drawing as often as I want. I know I say that all the time but I work a 35 hour a week job, which I know shouldn't be an excuse.
-Onward to what I have done this time. I have the sweetest little Budgie named Petey. It's amazing how much character these animals can with such a small brain capacity. He picks up sounds like a pro, loves fruit (any red or green foods), and plays fetch. My mom found him when he was young I would have never guessed what a joyful pet they are. So the drawing...I found a cool bag I had and painted on it. I originally started with water color pencils, but they werent contrasting enough, so i switched to paint. I also used the color of the bag to help with the last one.
-Penguins penguins, cute, cute. I tried some character design.
-Cars...I went to go see the end of the great race (it will be on the history channel) I didnt get to draw too much cuz of the fam. I tried to concentrate on the perspective part of it. Awesomely hot cars though.
- Ostriges...I had been to the zoo and later night looked through Peter de seves sketchbook...book and was inspired. I dont do many character design attempts, I kinda like character design, I'm just are not doing very well at it. eh.
- I practiced some perspective by drawing the church mission thing thats down the street from me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jack Ruttan said...

Cute budgies. They look a little wild, like crazy old men.

3:51 PM  
Blogger Elisson said...

I like 'em. I like 'em all. The budgies remind me of the pets I had in my misspent youth...and those ostriches are downright amazing. I want to see more of your sketchbook stuff!

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home